New Requirements To Receive The R 350 Grant
While SASSA still processing payouts of the R350 grant, the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) still requires applicants to keep the grant’s eligibility requirements in mind. Here’s all you need to know about the requirements and the application process.
Payments of the current cycle of the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant are still underway. However, the South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) still needs applicants to meet their stipulated eligibility requirements as listed below:
R350 Grant reconsidered?
If you see your Covid-19 SRD R350 grant application status as ‘Reapplication Pending’ then you should follow the below steps to dispute your R350 grant status:
- Go to the SRD portal: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Click on the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab
- Then select ‘Click here to apply for reconsideration’
- Provide your ID number and cellphone number
- Complete the rest of the steps for reconsideration of your payment
The Requirements To Receive The R350 Grant
- Be Unemployed
- Must have an income of R624 or less per month
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, refugee, a holder of a special permit under the Special Angolan Dispensation, the Lesotho Exemption Permit Dispensation; Zimbabwe Exemption Permit Dispensation; or an Asylum seeker with a valid section 22 permit or visa
- Be between the ages of 18 and 59 years old
- Reside within the borders of South Africa
- Be registered on the Home Affairs database or Sassa’s social grant database for individuals without ID documents.
- Not living in a government Institution or subsidized institution
- Not receiving covid-19 Social Relief of Distress grant
- Not receiving Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) Benefits or National Student Financial Aid Scheme (Nsfas) support or any other social grants distributed by Sassa
With regards to applying for the R350 grant, unfortunately for grant applicants who do not have access to the internet Sassa R350 grant application can only be done online by following the process detailed below:
How To Apply For The Sassa R350 grant
- SASSA website – https://srd.sassa.gov.za
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: 082 046 8553 (send a Whatsapp message to this number. Make sure to include your name, surname, and ID number in the Whatsapp message. You will then receive a message which will detail the next steps you need to follow.)
- USSD line: Dial *134*7737# and follow the prompts
- GovChat: https://govchat.app/login\
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/govchat.org.
Because Sassa will be validating your details through other institutions such as SARS, NSFAS, the Department of Labour, and the Department of Home Affairs, you will be required to sign a statement and consent form after completing your application.
SRD SASSA Gov Login Status
Grant applicants can also check the current SRD grant application status on the official SASSA website here: srd.sassa.gov.za
- Navigate to the SRD grant application status on the official SASSA website using the online dashboard link here: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
- Enter your South African ID number for the Applicant
- Enter the phone number you used to submit the application