Municipality Fire Fighters 2023-2026
Temp Fire Fighters X17 MN 3611/23
-Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 3 qualification Fire fighter 1 & 2 Hazmat Awareness.
– First aid level 3 or Basic Ambulance Course (registered with the HPCSA) will be an added advantage.
– Code C Driver’s License.
– Medically and physically fit to conduct operational duties.
– Must be able to swim.
– Candidates shouldn’t suffer from any phobias e.g. claustrophobia, acrophobia.
– Experience or knowledge regarding fire and rescue will be an added advantage.
– A hard working and self-disciplined person.
– 3 Months internship experience will be an added advantage.
-Responding on daily tasks and orders from the Station Officer.
– Attendance to the workplace.
– Testing and checking of vehicles and equipment.
– Cleaning of equipment and vehicles.
– Reporting of any malfunctions to the officer on duty.
– Assist with combatting of fires by responding with senior personnel to incidents.
– Adhering to command on scenes.
– Fighting of grass and wild land and structural fires.
– Protecting property from fires as well as fire equipment.
– Attending to control room duties when required.
– Any other tasks given to him/her by his/her superior.
– Rescue work.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
SALARY: R 7 888.67 P.M. (R 94 664.00 P.A. 03 YEAR CONTRACT)
Please note that the municipality does reimburse costs for traveling to and from the interview or any assessments related to the recruitment process for candidates traveling over 400km.
Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representativeness (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representativeness will be given preference.
For any queries kindly contact Human Resources (016) 360-7435.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Midvaal Local Municipality, values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No.4 of 2013 (POPIA) which is effective from 1 July 2021, personal information will not be disclosed to any third party, unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.
Company: Midvaal Local Municipality
MIDVAAL LOCAL MUNICIPALITY INVITES SUITABLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES TO APPLY FOR THE ADVERTISED VACANCY