Teachers Apprentice 2024 at ISASA
2024 Hiring Season is in full swing! We are currently in search of rockstar teammates who will meaningfully empower Future Innovators and Leaders to start in the year 2024!
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Foundation Phase Apprentice Teachers to teach Primary School at our Ruimsig Primary Campus in 2024! This is an exciting opportunity for aspiring teacher who is currently or going in their 3rd or 4th year of their BEd qualification or completing their PGCE in 2024 to join a team deeply committed to the development of our people and our children. You will partner with your Resident Teacher to empower students using an enquiry based learning approach and be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
Help and support Resident teachers to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
Help to set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
Attend weekly feedback meetings with resident teachers and Deans to enhance teaching practices
Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and entering your third or fourth year of study OR a Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- You will not be a qualified teacher at the start of 2024
- You are specialising in Foundation and/ or Intermediate phase NOT Senior phase.
- You are provisionally SACE registered
- You have English and Mathematics teaching experience or curriculum knowledge – experience in Singapore Maths and THRASS (English) is not compulsory but ideal
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
- Valid Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- ID Copy / Passport
- Work Permit (if applicable)
- SACE certificate
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Ruimsig, Gauteng, South Africa
2024 Apprentices roles (South Africa)