Funza Lushaka Bursary Applications Now Open 2024
Applications to benefit from the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme are now open for the 2024 academic year. This is the perfect bursary for teaching courses.
This application period will close on 12 January 2024 which means that applicants have only three months to apply.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Requirements
- Must be 30 years old or younger
- Have no other teaching qualifications
- Must be a South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Good academic ability
An exemption, endorsement, or ‘admission to bachelor degree studies’ pass at matric/Grade 12 level.
At least a level 4 pass at matric level in the two subjects which the applicant will specialise to teach.
For students who wish to specialise in the Foundation Phase, a Level 2 pass in Mathematics or Level 4 pass in Mathematical Literacy at Grade 12 level is required. In addition, a t least a level 4 pass in the Home Language is required.
For students who wish to specialise in the Intermediate Phase, a Level 4 pass in Mathematics and a level 4 in a Home Language subject and/or a Level 4 pass in Science Subjects at Grade 12 level is required. In addition, at least a level 4 pass in the Home Language is required.
Students who wish to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects, including CAT, IT, and other Technical stream subjects and who do not have these subjects level, must have at least a level 4 pass in Mathematics or Technical Mathematics.
- Must be accepted into an approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE programme to specialise in two or more of the priority subject areas.
- Must be committed to teach in any school to which a student may be placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED)
How To Apply
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information.
- Login to the system using username and password created when registering.
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme.
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2023 application button.
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information.
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured.
Applications can only be submitted online. No hard copies will be accepted for applications.