Unisa Application: How To Apply To Online For 2024
(UNISA) is known for its comprehensive distance education programs, making it a popular choice for individuals seeking flexible and quality education. If you’re looking to apply for admission at UNISA, please note that the application is currently only possible online. In other words, no physical stations are available for admissions applications. Therefore, follow these step-by-step guidelines to navigate the application process.
Apply for UNISA 2024/2025 admission online
Are you thinking of doing a Unisa course? You will have to submit your Unisa application but how do you do this and what do you need?
If you need help with your Unisa application you are in luck because we can help you.
We have the information you need about how to apply online to Unisa, how to upload documents to support your application, how to keep track of your Unisa application and loads more.
Check UNISA admission requirements before you apply
Each program you may want to apply for at UNISA has specific admission criteria, such as academic qualifications and prerequisites. Review these requirements to ensure you meet the necessary qualifications.
But the general requirements are as follows:
- It’s crucial for students to confirm that the qualifications or programmes they plan to apply for are not already filled up for the specific semester or year.
- UNISA sets a maximum credit threshold for each semester or year, and any enrollment or addition of modules exceeding this limit won’t be reviewed or processed.
- Furthermore, students are required to fulfil the admission criteria for the qualification they are seeking credits or exemptions in. Up to half (50%) of the qualification’s credits could potentially be granted as exemptions.
- Importantly, once an application is submitted, no changes or additions to qualifications can be accommodated.
- Students who are presently excluded or suspended from another institution due to misconduct won’t be taken into consideration for admission to UNISA.
What You’ll Need For Your Unisa Application
You start off with some basic information for your application to Unisa which shouldn’t be too difficult to find.
- A valid email address
- A valid cellphone number
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Application fee of R125 for application at Unisa which should be paid once you receive your student number
Start applying For Your Unisa Courses
Create MyUNISA account
To start the application process, you’ll need to create a MyUNISA account on their website. This account will be your portal for all application-related activities.
It’s important to remember that your application for Unisa isn’t complete until you have submitted the relevant documents in support.
What Documents Are Needed For Your Unisa Application?
Once the student has deduced that they have met all the necessary requirements to enrol as a Unisa student, they will need to supply the following documents to complete their Unisa application status. Make sure your student number is correct on your application as well as the other personal details.
- Copy of school qualifications, i.e. a diploma, National Senior Certificate (NSC), etc.
- Copy of official tertiary academic records (if applicable)
- Copy of ID or passport depending on whether you are a South African citizen or international student
- Copy of marriage certificate or divorce certificate (if applicable)
Submitting documents For Your Unisa Application
- Head to the ‘Apply for admission to Unisa: application tool’ page
- Click on the bubble next to ‘Documents’
- Fill in your information
- Click on choose file and select the corresponding files from your device
- Click on ‘Upload’
- Once done submitting all documents, click on ‘Submit documents and continue’
- Now, you need to pay the application fee
Unisa Application fees
When you are online use the student number you receive from Unisa and the application fee reference number (ie STUDENTNUMBER 5370810030).
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
Browse Careers Portal for more information about paying your Unisa application fee.
How to track your Unisa application
- Head to the ‘Apply for admission: application tool’ page
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to status.
- Fill in your details and it should then show you what the current status of your application is.
- If you’re accepted, you’ll need to accept the offer here.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the bubble next to ‘Offer’
- After accepting, you’ll need to register and then you can consider yourself a student of Unisa.
What to do if your UNISA application is still pending
- If your Unisa application status is still pending and you haven’t received a decision yet, there are a few steps you can take.
- First, be patient. The application process can take some time, especially during peak applications period. It’s important to give the university enough time to review your application thoroughly.
- However, if it has been an unusually long time and you haven’t heard anything, you can contact the Unisa admissions office for an update.
- They will be able to provide you with more information about the status of your application and any potential delays. This applies to undergraduate courses, postgrad courses, as well as to a master’s or doctoral qualification.
- Additionally, make sure to check your email regularly, as Unisa may send updates or requests for additional information through email about your application status.
- Finally, continue to monitor your application status online. It’s possible that the status may change without you receiving a notification, so it’s important to regularly check for any updates.
Common reasons for Unisa application delays and how to resolve them
- There are several common reasons why your Unisa application status may experience delays. One common reason is missing or incomplete documentation. It’s important to ensure that you have submitted all the required documents and that they are filled out correctly to try to get your admission status.
- If you realize that you have missed something or made a mistake, you should contact the admissions office as soon as possible to rectify the issue.
- Another common reason for delays is a high volume of applications. During peak application periods, such as the start of a new semester, the admissions office may be overwhelmed with applications, leading to longer processing times.
- Unfortunately, there is not much you can do in this situation except to be patient and wait for your application to be reviewed.
- Technical issues can also cause delays in the application process. If you are experiencing any technical difficulties with the online application system or if you are unable to access your student portal, it’s important to reach out to the Unisa IT support team for assistance.
- To resolve these delays, it’s important to stay proactive and communicate with the admissions office. If you have any concerns or questions about the status of your application, don’t hesitate to reach out to them for clarification.
- They will be able to provide you with updates and guidance on how to resolve any issues that may be causing delays.
What is the myUnisa student portal used for?
Each student may make use of the portal to access their module resources, view study materials, submit assignments, interact with other students, and with your e-tutor or group. You need to stay up to date with your teaching and learning curriculum to know when you have to submit assignments or take tests.
The MyUnisa portal connects to the university learning system so you can manage all your course work, research, etc on the site. There is also a web based email so you can have an account just for your university studies.
Need To Contact Student Services?
Telephone: 012 429 3111 (Option 2)
Best of luck! – We hope all goes well with your application.