Traffic Warden internships x10 posts
APPLY FOR TRAFFIC WARDENS INTERNS (LAW ENFORCEMENT) x10 POSITIONS
SALARY: R 100,000 pa
NO OF POSTS: TEN (10)
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: 24 MONTHS
PLACE OF WORK: GROBLERSDAL
Applicants for these posts must submit the fully completed and signed official “Application Form for Employment (Staff Members Post(s)”) which can be downloaded from the Elias Motsoaledi . Local Municipality’s website on www.eliasmotsoaledi.gov.za or obtainable from the HR Office and must be accompanied by their detailed curriculum vitae with proven experience, contactable references, and competency requirements of the posts registration with a relevant professional body if applicable, disclosing full details of any dismissal for misconduct or substandard performance and any disciplinary actions, whether pending or finalized instituted against the
applicant from current and previous employment, recently (not older than 3 months old) certified copies of academic qualifications and Identity Document OD).
Grade 12; code B Driver’s License; No criminal record; and Physical fitness.
Experience: No experience required. Knowledge: Acquiring knowledge of operational execution of duties relating to traffic management/metro police/law enforcement.
Summary of the core functions:
- It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualifications Authority.
- Any misrepresentation or failure to disclose material information is a breach of the Code of Conduct for Municipal Staff.
- Successful applicant(s) shall be required to sign employment contract, disclosure of benefits and interest and where applicable or necessary performance agreement, undergo screening and vetting.
- Late, faxed, emailed or applications not made on the prescribed official application form shall not be considered.
- Canvassing Councilors or officials for the appointment is strictly prohibited and will automatically disqualify the applicant.
- Failure to submit all the required documents shall render the application invalid.
- Should you not hear from the Municipality within 30 working days after the closing date, regard your application as unsuccessful.
The Municipality reserves the right not to appointment on these posts.
The closing date shall be Friday, 25 August 2023 at 16H15.
Responsible for the execution of traffic and public safety procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and authorized to issue notice on arrest individuals for any contravention of Municipal ByLaws Acts of 1977, National Road Traffic Act, Act 93of 1995, AARTO Act 46 of 1998 and or other applicable legislation. Duties include but not limited to point duty, foot beat,crowd control, monitoring of hawkers issuing parking tickets, etc. not authorized to use discretion on the issuing of traffic fines.
Enquiries shall be directed to the Manager Human Resources Management and Development Mr. Mafiri L.M @ 013 262 3056 and applications forwarded to: The Municipal Manager, Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality, P.O Box 48, Groblersdal, 0470 or handdelivered to the Office of the Manager Human Resources Management and Development, 2nd Grobler Avenue, Groblersdal,0470.